Hiring a suitable excavator can be tough decision.
Excavators, also known as diggers, are one of the most popular pieces of equipment utilised in both the mining and construction industry. These versatile pieces of machinery consist of a boom, bucket, dipper, and cab which sits on a rotating platform. The platform is mounted on an undercarriage with either wheels or tracks. Excavators come in various types and sizes, and each excavator can be utilised on different kinds of jobs.
There a various types of excavators available, some of which we have in our range for hire or can source for your project.
- Mini Excavator, also know as Compact Excavator
- Long Reach Excavator
- Swamp Excavator
- Spider Excavator
- Knuckle Boom Excavator
- Wheeled Excavator
- Zero Swing Excavator
- Vacuum Excavator
If you need to hire an excavator but you’re not sure what type or size you need, one of our experienced hire team will be able to talk through the job conditions with you and recommend the most suitable machine to meet your requirements.
Some of the following points will help determine the type of machine you need, including:
- Space on site for the machine
- Site access to get the machine in
- Ground composition
- The work which needs to be conducted, including what needs to be moved, excavated and other requirements of the job
- Other equipment on site and if the excavator will need to assist
- Forward planning – how will the site look once everything is in place, what gear will they still require on site and whether, further into the projects, there will be any access issues
- Depth in which the customer may need to dig, maximum reach required
- How much of an area is being worked on, whether it requires a small machine for drainage works or perhaps a large machine for bulk earthworks
- What attachments may be needed for additional work with the excavator