Adding an auger to a mini excavator is essential for making light work of digging post holes for retaining walls or fences, decks or footings for other structures. Mini excavators are one of the most maneuverable pieces of equipment, making them the perfect option to use with various attachments such as augers.
Here is a few tips for fitting the auger drive and auger to the mini excavator...
- Lay the auger drive down with hose faces away from you
- Remove the bucket from the excavator if fitted
- Hook up the auger drive mount to excavator hitch and fit pin
- Connect up the hydraulics, have a rag handy to clean connections
- Connect the auger bit to the auger drive and fit pin
- Use the toggle switch or foot pedal to control the auger
As usual we have short and long term hire options available, give us a call today to discuss this one further and always remember to www.1100.com.au before you dig!